Aint-Bad Magazine is currently seeking photographic works and writings that strongly define the following : The American South.
The American South is both a reality and a fiction, a conceptual and a cultural entity. As such, it has been famously challenged and perpetuated through photography in the form of singular iconic images in the work of photographers like William Eggleston and in the form of the photo-essay, bridging journalism and fine art as in the work of Walker Evans and James Agee.
Issue No. 8 of Aint-Bad, a magazine founded in Savannah, Georgia, seeks photographs and essays or photo-essays which engage in contemporary conceptions of The American South and how it is defined and being re-defined; how it effects the rest of the U.S.; the socio-cultural impact of the region as a new reality and a new fiction.
We are accepting works made in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia.
A select number of artists chosen for this issue may also be included in an exhibition at The Atlanta Contemporary Art Center in Atlanta, Georgia in June 2014 and an additional exhibition opportunity in Savannah, GA is being formulated.
Submission Guidelines :
Size your images to the following :
– 1200px on the longest side 72dpi, sRGB, jpeg format.
– Label the files with your name and numeration. (Example: – – firstname_lastname_1.jpg)
– Date the work and include relevant titles.
– Please include a short artist statement, artist biography and a link to your website.
– There is no limit to the number of images per submission.
– By submitting your work to Aint-Bad Magazine you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Deadline for submissions: May 1st, 2014.
Entry fee – $15
~ SUBMIT ~